Perhaps Cupid missed your shot this Valentine’s Day but instead of crying over your unrequited love for your crush, we have a better plan for you!
Valentine’s Day is not only for those in romantic relationships so why not spoil yourself and show your besties how much they mean to you. Think about what Destiny’s Child would do!
However, we’ve decided to make things 7 times easier for you and we’ve compiled a Single girl’s guide to Valentine’s Day!
- If you’re not much of a spender but are in fact a huge fan of self-care, then this one is for you. Create a fun and relaxing DIY SPA day with your girls at home. Get some of your favourite face masks, nail polish, foot care products, exfoliators etc. Not only will your day be amazing but your skin will be too!
- Show your best friend how real cooking is done and host a dinner party. Cook a scrumptious meal developed by none other than Food Blogger, cookingwithluyanda . We found a very mouth-watering recipe on her blog, just for you! The Creamy Mustard and Mushroom pasta with Rib eye for the perfect night in!
- If you’re keen to get out the house, Sun Square in Monte Casino has a wonderful special on the 14th of Feb for you. Enjoy a 3 course meal with a complimentary glass of champagne at Aarya restaurant for R340 per person.
- Everyone deserves a cocktail, especially if you’re single! Grab your friends and head over to Copper Bar for a cocktail party this Friday, the 15th of February. A ticket only costs R150 per person which includes a glass of champers on arrival as well as a goodie bag.
- Home bodies also deserve to be part of the celebration, so if that’s you then invite your favourite single people over for an indoor movie night. Order some pizza from your favourite restaurant and enjoy watching some Rom-Coms.
- Sometimes making something yourself instead of buying it means so much more to the ones you love. Surprise your friends and create your own friendship bracelets using YouTube videos as a guide to make something special and easy!
- Art Jamming is one of the most fun activities you could do as a group of friends, play around with some paint at branches from Melrose Arch to Bedford Centre and create some magic together!
BONUS IDEA …
Load Shedding might be a huge inconvenience for many South Africans, but that doesn’t mean that it should kill the vibe of everything that is love this month!
If we’re going to live through this, then why not take advantage of it by curating your own indoor picnic. Who needs electricity when you can spice things up with fairy lights and scented candles instead?!
So don’t feel bad about not having a date this Valentine’s Day, there’s so much you could do to love and feel loved by those around you.
Written by: Olwethu Ngodela